Monday, May 2, 2016

ITS LIVE: Lost & Found


IT'S LIVE!




Lost and Found
 (My Heart Is Yours - Book 3)

For over a decade, Tag Coleman has been struggling to exorcise his demons. Constantly haunted by his first love’s death, he aches for a second chance at happiness, but guilt screams one undeniable fact: he does not deserve it. Can Tag’s shattered soul ever find forgiveness and allow him to love again?
            Emery Lawson’s one and only goal is to uncover the truth surrounding a tragic accident that took her cousin’s life. She embarks on a journey to find the one person who could be responsible, with unexpected, life-altering results. When your soulmate — the love of your life — is lost, what are the chances of ever finding another? Is it possible for a heart to be …  Lost and Found?
(Lost and Found can be read as a standalone.)
Other Books in the Series


Signs of a Quiet Heart
(My Heart Is Yours - Book 1)
When Robbi  Bennett, special education teacher extraordinaire, decided to move from New York to California, it was for reasons beyond trading snowstorms for sunshine and surfing. Following the tragic death of her parents, and several doomed relationships, she craved a fresh start; an opportunity to reinvent herself.
Tyler D’Angelo, bad-boy biker and self-proclaimed man-whore, equates love with weakness. For decades, he has kept his heart on lockdown, but meeting Robbi turns his solitary life inside out as they are inexplicably drawn to each other. Can love be strong enough to overcome a lifetime of fear?  
(This story features two deaf and hard-of-hearing characters. The story also involves information related to deafness, deaf education, and American Sign Language.)



Living for Two
(My Heart Is Yours - Book 2)
Geneva St. John was not looking to fall in love; her shattered heart was barely recovering from her older sister’s death and coming to grips with almost losing her baby sister as well.
When she first laid eyes on Jayson Delaney, bathed in sunlight and appearing so ethereal, it was immediately evident that he was destined to change her life. Unable to converse at first due to a language barrier, they soon discover that love is the purest form of communication between two souls.
Although Geneva’s sister is recovering nicely from surgery, she begins to exhibit strange, unsettling behaviors that only Jayson seems to be able to comprehend.
There are some people in our world who believe the power of love can transcend death.  What kind of miracle would it take to convince us all?
(This book features several deaf / hard-of-hearing characters. The story also involves information related to deafness, deaf education, and American Sign Language.)



I was born and raised in Fresh Meadows (Queens) New York. After a few years of teaching 4th and 7th grade Math, I got my Master’s Degree in Deaf Education and spent the next 12 years teaching secondary Math (and tap dance in the after-school theatre arts program) at the Lexington School for the Deaf. I moved to Los Angeles in 1994 and spent the following 18 years teaching deaf students Math and ASL (American Sign Language) at Granada Hills High School and Fairfax High School. This explains the recurring themes of deafness and ASL in my novels.

After retiring in 2012, I had a lot of free time. I contacted Becky Johnson at Hot Tree Editing and she took me on as a beta reader. After reading a multitude of fabulously hot romances, I thought that perhaps I would try it as well. I had written a screenplay in ’96 (20 copies are still gathering dust in my garage), but now … in 2015 … the self-publishing phenomenon has enabled the writer to take control of their own destiny and ‘just do it’! I used an idea (no spoilers!) from that screenplay and created a completely different story and characters. I soon realized, as I approached and then passed 150k words, that 2 books would be necessary. But … trilogies seem to be so popular now, I decided to take a minor character from Book #1 (I confess, I had fallen a bit in love with him) and create a story about him for Book #3. So the series – MY HEART IS YOURS – was born! 



 HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment